[Free Media] From June this year, I have been working on Free Media member joining, mentoring and welcoming the new members. There is a pretty high traffic for the join requests. But most of the request are partially valid. The process to join with the group is outlined on the wiki page and it is clear. But most of the requests are not completed.
Following is an extract from the join page :
- Create an account at Fedora Account System (FAS). If you already are a Fedora Contributor, the go directly to the second step. (Please make sure to include Country Code in your FAS profile)
- Apply for “freemedia” group via Fedora Account System.
- Please make sure your personal wiki page is in place with your contact details. Please include your contry of residence. Your personal wiki page will be located as the following example: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:<FAS_account> You can find out the template for personal wiki page here.
- Subscribe to Fedora Free Media Program Mailing List and wait for an approval. If you don’t apply for ‘Freemedia’ group in FAS first, (as described in step 2) your subscription to the list will be rejected!
- Optional:If you want to receive every ticket updates, you may subscribe to Freemedia Trac List
Above criteria should be met in order to join with the group. But unfortunately many requests are missing one or two criteria listed. I cannot figure out the reason behind. In such situation it is required to contact the requester via email and ask to proceed. Since there are some traffic it consumes a lot of time which can be used for another useful work even with in the Fedora project.
Therefore if you are planning to apply for the Free Media group please fulfill all the listed requirements. It is not possible to complete your request until you complete all required steps. It is easy for both of us to follow the above list and make sure all the steps are followed correctly as noted.
If you have any question please do contact be via email at any time. Please find contact details at my user page